Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Red Shoes


I finally found red shoes that walk that fine line between geeky girl who thinks red shoes remind her of the Wizard of Oz and a drunk drag queen dressing special! Its not as easy as one would think. I drove all over hell's half acre. And they are cute. Of course they are fucking huge - but cute.

Why is it when I gain weight my feet get bigger? Same bones. Discuss this amongst yourselves.

I tried on my dress and its cute too - except the bumps and bulges that by divine right shouldn't be there. I mean if I had eaten the chili cheese fries I would accept the blame but I still feel this weight in all the bumpy places belongs to my endocrinologist. The rest is mine - she can have 56 pounds and I'll take the rest!

Tonight my husband and I were watching some show about fat people...oh come on now...learning channel....big problems????medical hugeness???? I can't remember.

Anywho, they tell this woman who is eating 6000 calories a DAY that she has to go on a liquid diet and lose weight before they can do gastric bypass and save her life and she CHEATED - cheated on her TELEVISED liquid diet - hello bitch - see that thing - its a camera! - she's like 600 pounds and 5'4".

My husband turns to me and says "will you be able to stick to the liquid diet before your surgery?" "um - sure" - I say. Cause I have talked about surgery. But come on - that lady has 350 pounds on me - and I'm almost 7 inches taller than her..... But, I guess that's how people see me. It doesn't matter - 250 or 600 - its all the same. Fat is fat is fat no matter how you look at it.

My cute black dress and red shoes are just lipstick on a pig to some people. Sometimes even to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No no no no.

I work at Torrid, part time. I don't know if you know of the store, but it's fantastic, fashionable plus sized clothing. I unfortunately have to hear women put themselves down all the time, and most of them are out of their minds. I understand losing weight to be healthy, but calling your own self names and self deprecation is something I'm not fond of.

YOU ARE GORGEOUS and so are those shoes!!!