Monday, April 7, 2008

Springsprung

.Today as I walked the dog (not at the crack of bloody dawn like I usally do) n the actual morning (before stomach flu like symptoms overtook me and I started barfing up happiness from all orafices), I realized that spring has arrived.
Ah yes - the screams of my husband could be heard far and wide as kids attempted to walk on our snow ravaged lawn.
Kids with jackets and not coats. It makes it difficult when kids change coats to tell one from another. I will often refer to Sammy's friends as "dingle nuts" and "whats-his-face" because, without hats and coats on they all look the same don't they?
It even smelled different outside today too - didn't it?
Again this was BEFORE I started yacking up a gut - so everything was right with the world.
And now I shall tell you why spring in suburbia sucks.....
Because at 10:30 in the morning on a Sunday walk I was the only person over 11 that I saw. Hershey and I were out for almost an hour and not one person was outside of their house.
Its not like we could walk to the store - whatever store that would be. The closest one is 3.5 km from my house. Yes. Too far for a walk to get juice, condoms or insense.
There were also no tiny animals - squirrels and the like scurrying around.
We don't have trees big enough to sustain squirrels in my suburban hell. We have rabbits- dozens of them that had been forced from their homes in the woods that used to stand right here.
And we have one pair of beavers. Why they are here in Ajax I will never know. But they came here from somewhere to terrorize our baby sized trees.
Spring will send them into their lovely damn they have built. Its pretty cool actually.
The other spring thing that frightens me is my illogical irrational urge to clean. I am in the mood to downsize my crap. So, if there is crap of mine that you would like to be crap of yours, let me know.
I'm all ready for it though. Bring it on.
I need to be warm again.
And you all know I hate snow and winter with a white hot burning passion that knows no boundaries.
So spring spring with all its goodness all over the place

No comments: