Saturday, October 4, 2008

Blog-sharing

Yesterday I was off work and trying to clean up my horribly messy house. In the kitchen I found fruitflies and rotting bananas.
Banana cake, I said. Banana cake.


Not loaf - cake.


Too lazy to walk up the 15 stairs to look through my dozens of cook books and WAY too freaking lazy to sort through the shoe box of my Mom's recipes to find Shirley Pugh's banana cake, I googled Banana Cake on my laptop.


I found this site http://seasonalontariofood.blogspot.com/ and a recipe for the most deliscious banana cake ever.


I tried to "vegan it up" but I left in the eggs. Instead of buttermilk I used soy milk with 3/4 tbsp of cider vinegar added to it. And instead of the chocolate icing I used the "Vanilla Butter Cream Icing" from the book Vegan Cupcakes.


The cake is yummy and I didn't end up having to make banana smooties. Again.


Check out that other site too - last week there was a recipe for minted carrots that looks AWESOME........

No comments: