Sunday, March 2, 2008

Plumbing Update

After 2 days with no water, I was convinced my family would start pooping in the yard and melting snow for drinking water.
None of us had showered.
To update, I had an exploding bathtub tap. This was followed by a flat tire (unrelated but also annoying) and another exploding tap.
I booked and then cancelled the plumber (I had to get my flat tire fixed!)
I drove, in a blizzard, all over the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) looking for parts.
I FINALLY found said replacement parts at a Plumbing Warehouse 10 minutes from my house.
And I wish to officially give the Moen faucet people a peice of my mind.
So Moen people, it doesn't MATTER if your replacement parts are FREE if no one can FIND them to replace them. It doesn't make logical sense to give out FREE replacement peices if no one can make a whole bloody tap because there are 6 peices and they can only find 4! Its a stupid system and you need to change it.
But, I digress.
I fixed the taps.
Both of them. Not a plumber - not a man. Me.
My husband says its because my father was an electrician that I have the "skilled trades" in my blood. Perhaps. I just think its because I am a true renaissance woman.
I can knit and sew and even crochet and embroider. I've built a fence, fixed several toilets and now replaced some taps. I make soap and tie ribbons and bows and I move furniture. Hear me roar.
I mean sure, the taps work backwards to the general "righty-tighty, lefty-loosey" rule - but they work!
So now we are bathed and clean and laundering things.
You're welcome family.

No comments: