Saturday, May 19, 2007

No body puts baby in the corner

Okay so this isn't really about Dirty Dancing. I just love that line. Dirty Dancing was one of my Mom's favourite movies and the only movie I inherited from her - thank god it was good QUALITY cinema!

I haven't watched it in years - its VHS so that explains a lot. I keep it tucked away in a special place with all my tresures, my bathing suits and my sweater shaver that I used once.

But, having suddenly remembered it, I should watch it today. Its the perfect day for one of three things: cleaning your house, watching old movies or sitting around eating corn chips and masturbating. We have a strick no junk food policy in our house. And, since I have not now nor never had even the slightest bit of interest in cleaning anything, I opt always for the movies.

Back in the day, when the movie theatres had $2 tuesdays, I always asked for Tuesday to be my day off - since I was working in the glorious retail clothing industry at that time this was an option. I would head out to a movie in the afternoon by myself then meet up with my friend in the evening and see more. Two $2 movies in combination with buck a marguerita and free appetizers night at ChiChi's mexican food made for the perfect evening. Its no wonder I find movies, no matter how good or how bad, a soothing thing.

For me: movies = relaxation = happiness + love

I'm going to go with Dirty Dancing today, for old time's sake - cause really, nobody puts this baby in a corner!